Chepala Pulusu is a traditional andhra dish where fish is cooked in onions and tamarind gravy with other spices. This pulusu tastes very delicious for the next day as the fish pieces are soaked in the tamarind gravy. Fish Pulusu is served with hot rice.
8 to 9 pieces
|Onion (finely chopped)|
|Green Chillies (chopped)|
|Ginger Garlic paste|
2 lemon sized
|Red chilli pwd|
|Garam masala pwd|
1 - 2 Tsp
|Coriander leaves (chopped)|
- Heat oil in a wide pan and do the seasoning by adding elachi, cloves, cinnamon sticks, mustard seeds and fry for a min.
- Add chopped onions and chopped green chillies and fry until they are golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a min. Add turmeric, red chilli pwd, garam masala and salt & fry for a min.
- Add juice extracted from the tamarind until the pieces are immersed and boil for 10 min.
- Now add fish fillets. Cover & cook for 10 min on low-med flame.
- Turn the pieces slowly & cook uncovered for 5-10 min on medium flame.
- Cover the pan and cook for another 5-10 min until the gravy thickens and oil floats.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy with hot rice.